- Charlotte Church – How women are routinely demoralized by the music industry. A look at her history in the industry and perspectives on sex, sex as art and sex as exploitation. Should also be read in conjuction with the series of Lily Allen interviews that are current.
- Catching a Blighty – Charles Stross. A rant abut war and Cameron’s call to commemorate the start of WW1 as we did the Diamond Jubiliee.
- An economic cancer on our cities – Salon. A look at the economics of out of town development vs city center regeneration. A US analysis, but just as valid in the UK.
- Context Collapse and Trolling – Quinn Norton. How trolls can be in different conversations. How context collapse means things are not understood
- An Interview with George Clooney – Esquire. Especially interesting for his views on fame and what it has done for some people.
- It was a fairly quiet week. Had a small birthday celebration with a friend, where much wine was consumed and the world put to rights!
- Went along to a book launch, for Adrian Hon and A History of the Future in 100 Objects. The book is great, inspired byt the BBC/British Museum series of a History of the World in 100 Objects. What could be the defining objects in the future?
- Watched the Scullers Head. A lovely day for it, blue skies and little wind.
- 4.85m at 10:40min/mile. Steady lunch time job where dodging the tourists is still an essential technique
- Used treadmill for intervals. 1.75m @ 8:49m 1m @8.34
- A run to work, with 7.19m at 10:47min/mile
- A steady recovery run at 3m at 12:02 min/mile
- The Richmond Old Deer Park 10k race. Ran to a plan, which was to stay under 9:10 miles, pushed on in the last half to get a new PB by 3 mins with 56:26 min/mile. Then ran the 4miles home very slowly 😉
- Predicted Marathon Time. The 10k race gives me a predicted time of 4:24:46, which is 7mins faster than previously.