Week 44, the last week of October as the year slowly slips away
- Thinking about 2014 social strategy, Paul Fabretti . Devices and audiences, key areas to understand.
- Ender’s Game, its controversial author, and a very personal history By Rany Jazayerli. Should you boycott the film given the book author’s personal views?
- Friends and I had one of our irregular Chinese Buffet dinners. Best described as cheap and cheerful from a food perspective, you always know what you are getting as the menu does not change. It’s always good to catch up with friends and hear all the gossip
- Went for a mid-life checkup. Or rather another trip to the doctors to take all the bloods. Just getting the usual things checked through.
- Took a trip up to Milton Keynes to see another friend for Saturday lunch and a walk along the canal (a short one!). More gossip, more talk about what’s good and bad at work, more talk about cars.
- 4.14m (10:24min/m). Run into work, this time from Sloane Square, what you have to do when the trains aren’t running!
- 4.86 (10:15min/m). Lunchtime run around the bridges.
- 7.29m (10:37min/mile). This was actually 2 runs. First of all, slow jog to Richmond along the river to get to Park Run. then fast 5k for park Run. the aim of the morning was to see if I could beat my PB after running to the event. And I did! By a whole 12secs, with 27:54. So next time I run it with fresh legs, expect to be faster than that.
- 9.3m (12:30min/mile). Long slow run to finish the week. Legs were tired after the efforts of the day before.
- Predicted Marathon Time. I use McMillan Running to predict race times and plan training paces. Using Saturday’s 5k pace, it gives me a predicted time of 4:31:51, which is 12mins faster than my time predicted from my half marathon.