Doing some ego-surfing, I see that I’m now number 2 in google rankings for my name. But there are a lot of people out there with the same name. I first came across one of the name-a-alikes when I was about 11 and visiting the hospital; my mother discovered that the wrong notes had been given and that there was another Rachel who had been born on the same day in the same hospital. So, what do all these other Rachels do.
1. An Associate Professor of Electronic Art at California State University.
2. A reporter for BBC News in Washington
3. An Administrator at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
4. An actor with the Archway Theatre
5. A street in Corringham, Thurrock (not sure who that is named for)
6. A musician with an English Dance group.
7. A case study for Giving up Smoking
8. A teacher of nursing in New Zealand.
9. The editor of Premiere Magazine
10. Miss Anaheim, 2005. Looking for a career in media and advertising.
In that google driven selection, people with my name appear to have a preference for art and mdeia related roles.