A bit more activity this week
- The Truth about the luxury of Qatar Airways.Horrible story of Swedish staff of the airline, which seems to treat them like indentured servants with terrible rules and behaviour.
- Life is a Game. This is your Strategy Guide.By Oliver Emberton. Not a new metaphor, but an interesting take on it. Another must read would be Straight White Male – the lowest difficulty setting there is by John Scalzi.
- Trending: Mortality (New Yorker). The different approaches to a celebrity death that people use on Twitter. I’m one of those that rarely comments, as I have nothing to add. Personally, I can’t stand the now obligatory celeb comments whenever somebody in the news dies.
- I started mentoring for this programme Digital Mums. A good scheme to teach new skills and the support local businesses.
- I went to a leaving do, a friend from Momentum who has moved on and caught up with a lot of ex-colleagues.
- I went to the Zoom F1 auction, which was selling pictures taken by F1 journalists/drivers/team members. A good night – and a chance to wear my new slim styled dress
A slightly heavier week, as mileage ramps up. It’s 9 weeks until the marathon and things, in general, going well. Hopefully, this weeks issue won’t cause a long term problem. As well as the recovery runs, I managed the following sessions
- 6 miles progressive, where I started slow and increased speed every mile, finishing with a 8:50m/m
- 20 miles steady. My longest run to date. Went well, but needed to fuel better.
- I started but had to abandon the 16 miles with 12 at marathon pace. A cold was the first issue, so my heart rate was all over the place, but then also had a hamstring issue that meant it was not a good idea to continue. Lots of stretching and rolling ahead.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.