- Assessing moderator impact on communities. If you run a community, you’ll already know this, but communities work better when there is a moderator to manage and cultivate.
- The year I didn’t retweet men by Anil Dash. An unannounced (and unnoticed) experiment by Dash to only retweet men in 2013. it made his experience better.
- How Digital Acceleration teams are changing Nestle. Digital change does not just happen, you need to train and support people. This is how Nestle are doing just this.
- I am not a primary school teacher by Mat Morrison. The lessons Mat learnt when he decided to partake in a meme (how something will spread on the internet as a way to teach children) and it went out of control.
- Russell T Davies meets Jeannette Winterson. Fascinating interview about story telling.
- Twitter’s Other problem – keeping the users it has. Twitter grows in sign-ups but the active users are not growing the same way.
- The story of ebay’s turnaround. How one manager toook a chance to change ebay.
- The Return – Hayley Campbell took a trip to a dildo warehouse to see what the business was like. Brilliant storytelling.
- I started a new job, although it’s a contract for a few months, I’m back working. More about this another week.
- Went to a evening at Ogilvy, taking a look at what they are up to in the social space.
- Had drinks with my ex-colleagues. Slightly too much, but it was a great night!
- Ran the Dorney Half-marathon, a last minute entry at the beginning of the week. It went brilliantly and I got a new PB. I also met up with a group of people from a running forum I’m taking part in.
Overall, it was a pretty good week. The runs all went to plan, in fact were slightly easier than expected. The training is working. There were 2 key sessions, one with 5 * 800m fast intervals and the other the half-marathon, which was a test of marathon pace with a faster last 3 miles. The race went perfectly to plan and I knocked 7 mins off my personal best, at 2:07:03.