- Things learnt from 5 years on The Story by Matt Locke. A great set of things that he has learnt running his The Story Conference, from the need of side-projects, that you have to do things many times to get things right and that things are valued more when paid for with own money (rather than expensed on employer).
- Is the sea floor littered with dead sea animals by Deep Sea News. A factual take on the scare stories of Fukishima radiation. It’s not hitting the US!
- The Most In-demand job skills in 2013 was Social media on Red/Write. yay, that’s good to know. Here’s to it continuing in 2014. Although, reality check, it should social media AND business knowledge, how to actually use it strategically, not just how to use Twitter.
A pretty quiet week in the main.
- My project to have a photo for every day in 2014 is progressing well. Here’s the Flickr Set
- Visited Shoreham-by-Sea to meet up with Adam, chat, and have coffee. A slightly shorter visit than planned as I had to come back up to London at short notice, but it was great to be by the sea!
- Went along to a friend’s birthday party for a few drinks, a good chat and a fun catchup. Was good to myself my ensuring plenty of water was had along with the wine, so I felt pretty good the following day…unlike some! And I avoided the shots.
A hard week, with a total mileage of 40 miles. Two small recovery runs, plus some hard sessions:
- 9 miles with 5 at 10k pace
- 10 miles steady
- 16 miles with 10 at marathon place. This one I was dreading but it went better than expected.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.