Through a nice opportunity posted on Seth Godin’s blog, I managed to get a ticket for the Future of Online Advertising conference being run by Carson Systems, Having attended their Future of Web Apps day in London last year, I know these guys could put on a good conference, pulling together some top presenters.
Looking at the planned schedule here’s what I’m particularly interested in:
- Michael Walrath (Right Media) ‘Online Advertising Basics – Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask’ (yep, I need to get some basics in when it comes to online ads)
- Case Study: Online advertising analytics
- Panel ‘Ads in Online Video – the future of interactive advertising?'(I’ve got my own opinion on this and I’ve not yet seen a great execution of this)
- Case Study: Paid reviews and blogging
- Henry Copeland (Blogads) ‘Cracking the blogosphere – the secret to successful blog advertising’
- Jay Adelson (Digg) ‘Tapping into the ad potential of crowd generated media sites’
The second afternoon in particular looks to be good. I also have some discount codes (10%) if anyone is interested.
I found your blog from your posting about online video and advertising analytics, and now see you have other posts on the topic. Check out our web video analytics tools at http://www.tubemogul.com and let me know what you think. I’m a graduate student at UC Berkeley and member of TubeMogul, which lets you track video viewership trends across YouTube, MySpace, Yahoo!, Google, Revver and MetaCafe and do all kinds of groupings and comparisons. We’ve received great interest from new media professionals at agencies, record labels, large brands, film producers, and political campaigns. I’d love to hear what you think.