The discussion between Gia and Anina has been interesting, as both try to explain their position to the other. Gia has now posted a list of what she thinks women shold do…
I have no time for women who think that the be all and end all of existence is looking pretty and being nice.
Here is what I think:
1. Girls should grow up valuing their Brains over their Looks.
2. Boys should grow up valuing women’s Brains over their Looks. (yes, yes, I understand genetics… but your boys will have much better relationships if they desire a woman they can fondle AND talk to…)
3. Girls should grow up understanding they have control over their bodies.
4. Girls should NOT grow up believing that menstruating is a curse and something to be ashamed of (without going into a big long explanation, I believe that deep seated shame and revulsion because of a natural bodily function is at the heart of a lot of women’s emotional and psychological problems… but that is for another day…)
5. Girls and women should not define themselves exclusively by their relationships with and to other people (ie to put being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend before being an independent person)
5. Smart women should be proud to be smart.
6. Women should show off their intelligence at every opportunity. Flaunt it.
7. Smart women need to take their place in public eye rather than ‘just pretty women’.
8. Women should never feel they have to put up or shut up.
9. Women should always use their gender if it will get them ahead (I mean, if wearing a low-cut shirt at the interview will actually get you the job, then go right ahead. You’ll only really *keep* the job if you can actually do it… )
10. Women and girls should always remember, ‘Well-behaved women seldom make history.”
Agreement all round from here
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.