What I do:
Planning Director at Havas helia. Working with clients such as Dove, adidas, Tesco, Subway, Diageo, and gsk. Previously I was Head of Engagement Intelligence at Momentum London, running a team of social media and digital specialists. Working with clients as diverse as entertainment (film and games), technology (Microsoft), sponsorship and/or experiential (American Express, UPS, Genworth, ABInbev, Ford), B2B (Microsoft, Dexcom) and FMCG (such as Rowntrees, Nature Valley, Jus-Rol, After Eights and Frijj)
Before that, I’ve been Head of Social Media at twentysixlondon, also continuing as a senior Project Manager. Clients included Shell, Epson, Gatwick, Royal Navy, Laithwaites, EHRC and CRUK. Before that I worked as a Digital Strategist with JWT New York. This meant I worked across multiple account teams advising and guiding the teams in developing integrated, transmedia campaigns, with a focus on Social Media aspects. Brands include Sunsilk, Welchs, Kleenex, Dominos, Smirnoff and Stride.
Prior to this I worked for a long time with Diageo, as a Project Manager in various areas ranging from grain distilling through to marketing. In my last role there I managed the development of multiple brand websites for the company and working with global marketing teams on digital strategy.
You can get a sense of things I love (and loathe) by taking a look at Digital Stuffing, the marketing blog I (very)occasionally write (before Digital Stuffing, I wrote over at Behind the Buzz for b5media (now a defunct URL that was rolled into another blog). And I’m all over the web – listed here: Stuff I’m On
Press Articles – as part of my job, I get to write the occasional article for the press. And sometimes the TV.
I’ve been speaking at the occasional conference and always open to more opportunities.
- Blogher Business 2007 – corporate blogging, how businesses are using blogs to communicate directly with customers without the sheen of marketing
- Mesh 2007 – Is Fake the New Real? Looking at how brands are using characters and stories to market, following on from LG15
- SXSW 2008 – Stories, Games and Your Brand. How brands can use stories, puzzles, games, treasure hunts etc to promote the brand and increase customer engagement
- May 2009 26.org.uk 26.org is a writing network group, this was a panel on corporate blogging.
- Internet World 08 – Chaired panel for Chinwag on web analytics.
- Mar 2009Use8 – on a panel discussing New Frontiers of Social Media, in particular, how brands can use the tools
- Jul 2009 London PR and Branding Group (on Facebook). Social Media discussion.
- Oct 09 A panel on Augmented Reality for Mashup
- Radio Festival Nov 2011. On How not to do Social Media
- Internal Conference – Social media, sport and sponsorships
- Dec 2013 Spoke at Social Media Leadership forum on Preserving your Brand Voice, after contributing to their report.
- Nov 2014 Professional Publishers Association, Business Intelligence Summit on developing a social media strategy using personas
- I’ve been making the occasional appearance on Sky News, talking about the internet news of the day.
- Barcamps – at these unconferences, I spoken on a few things, such as the changing marketing budget holder, Engagement Marketing, ARGs for Marketing, Measuring Engagement.
- April 2015: field.work a panel on “Most traditional business don’t really leverage data in ways that really matter to consumers.”
email: rachel [at] bibrik [dot] com
UK Phone +44 (0) 7733 262642