- A birthday party at the beginning of the week, for both a friend and her company – she’s busy trying to set up Wisher, a gifting app.
- I only had 2 days in the office this week; on Wednesday, I went to Marcus for lunch, another one on my Michelin list, this one a 2 stars. Gorgeous food.
- Marcus was quite accommodating when I turned up carrying a huge backpack…after lunch I headed to Reading for the evneing, to camp out prior to the Joint Service Regatta on the Thursday, where the Army, Navy and Air Force rowing crews compete every year.
- Back home for the Friday, getting caught up on admin, including getting my first round of vaccinations for my holiday. Arms filled with tetanus, typhoid, polio and diptheria.
- Had a lovely lunch at a local pub on the river, The White Hart at Barnes. I’m always a sucker for smoked salmon and pickled cucumber, definitely one of my favourite dishes.
- And the final event of the week was Day 1 of the Formula E race. More on that at next report.
- One book(plus a novella, does that count as half). the book was A Darker Shade of Magic, by V E Schwab.
- Whatever became of grange Hills Benny Green (Guardian) A look at the fickleness of fame and what comes after it.
- Just the one Sunday run this week, the rest of it got a little busy.